Regency Specialists in the Antiques Trade
circa 1860 - 1870
Superb late 19th century Victorian period telescopic standard lamp by Messenger of Birmingham.
The telescopic lamp is of the finest casting and is crisp throughout with the telescopic level located at the top of the column within the capital. The lamps were made by Messenger of Birmingham and retailed by E K Wilson, Sussex Place, London. The lampshades are newly handmade in silk by the maker who provides the shades for Downton Abbey. The brass lamp is almost certainly a one off as its statue is bold and powerful. The lamp has been converted to electricity and the lampshades are newly handmade silks. The lamp has been rewired with authentic corded flex and fitted with a foot switch and is PAT tested.
Height 150.00cm (59.06 inches)
Width 35.00cm (13.78 inches)
Depth 35.00cm (13.78 inches)
Stock No: 10625