'THE DUNECHT HOUSE CHAIRS' - An exquisite Pair of Dutch Ivory & Fruitwood Marquetry inlaid Walnut Side Chairs Each with a foliate rocaille carved top-rail above vase-shaped splats, the beautifully shaped seat rails, with drop-in seats, are raised on shell-carved cabriole front legs with claw & ball feet. Each of the chairs bear the inventory label for Dunecht House, 'D2107'. Seat dimensions: 20" (51cm) wide x 17.5" (45cm) high x 15.75" (40cm) deep
Dunecht House, Aberdeenshire, with its 9,000 acres, was purchased by Sir Weetman Pearson, 1st Viscount Cowdray, in 1909, for his wife, Lady Annie Pearson, Viscountess Cowdray. Annie Cowdray thereafter set about transforming Dunecht into a much-loved house, that from 1919, became their principle seat. Dunecht, like Cowdray Park, was decorated with the finest things, from William & Mary marquetry and vernacular oak, to the very best furnishings supplied by Morant & Co. - the Royal Furnishers, and these fine chairs were purchased by Lady Cowdray for Dunecht between 1913 and 1920.
Height 113.00cm (44.49 inches)
Width 51.00cm (20.08 inches)
Depth 42.00cm (16.54 inches)
Stock No: FAF345