Each lustre has a radial cut base, diamond cut column base and a granulated rim. They are hung with round icicle drops each with three flat round spangles. John Blades opened his showrooms at 5 Ludgate Hill in 1783 and remained there until his death in 1829. Blades was unusual in that he used an outside designer, the well known architect J. B. Papworth. They were also the first English glass company to open a branch in India (Calcutta). By the time of his marriage in 1789 he had been appointed Cut Glass Manufacturer to George III and was known as 'the great glass man of Ludgate Hill'.
There are minor chips to the drops, and the drops and lustres have been re-pinned with gilt pins.
Height 40.00cm (15.75 inches)
Width 10.00cm (3.94 inches)
Stock No: F440